Our client seeks a Field Engineer (Shaft) for a Gold Mine in the NT. This role has an initial duration of 12 months, a real potential of an extension. FIFO 14/7 Roster
We can consider candidates from WA, NT, QLD and SA for this role
About the role:
- Participate in and support the Projects’ Safety Program and OneWay requirements through, safety walks, attending safety reviews, safety input into procedures, designs and pre commissioning activities.
- Demonstrate safety leadership through the promotion and stewardship of the Project’s safety tools.
- Ensure that all works are performed safely and in accordance with the Projects procedures and specifications.
- Assist in the preparation of any procedures that may be needed to execute the Project.
- Perform all field engineering for discipline requirements.
- Be the primary contact for any project technical support and provide liaison with home office engineering for the resolution of all technical issues that cannot be resolved at site.
- Perform quality inspections and liaise with the Client’s inspection group to ensure they are advised to attend inspections as required.
- Raises Non-Conformance Reports for any defective or non-conforming workmanship or materials.
- Ensure that Non-Conformance Reports and Corrective Actions are prepared, collated and that they are closed out prior to Turnover.
- Ensure that punch lists are prepared, collated and that the punch items are cleared expediently. Participate in the Punchlist Meetings.
- Assist in the development of and then maintain the Turnover Dossier.
- Ensure that all systems are complete and that all activities necessary to get the system precommissioned have been performed and documented.
- Ensure that all testing, precommissioning, and Turnover activities are progressing in line with the Project Schedule and the Client team signs-off the relevant check sheets.
- Ensure the Contractors prepare documentation for field tests that require review and approval by the Client.
- Work closely with the Construction Superintendents to ensure that the contractors produce the required quality of work in line with the Projects drawings and specifications.
- Work closely with the Construction Superintendents to ensure that the Contractors understand and produce QC documentation and that it is generally handed over in the correct system priority.
- Attend Project progress meetings and deliver a status of site engineering activities.
- Produce reports on Construction, QA/QC, Precommissioning and Turnover progress.
- Supervise Vendor Representatives attendance in line with the schedule and verify that the work is performed by them before they depart site.
- Assist in the measurement of progress for monitoring payment of progress claims.
- Complete other responsibilities associated with the position as required by the Chief Field Engineer.
- A recognised Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
- Sound experience in the relevant discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience in preparing reports.
- Previous technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline, including experience in construction positions and construction management.
- Knowledgeable in the establishment and application of engineering management systems, processes and tools
- Excellent technical and practical skills and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work the client.
- Competent in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and a sound knowledge in relevant software.
Please note: Candidates without the relevant work rights and not located in Australia will NOT be considered for this role.