Our client, an engineering company, is looking for a General Maintenance Technician (Call Catcher) to work on a3-months contract (temp to perm) in Manassas, VA.
The General Maintenance Technician (Call Catcher) is the “first responder” to many reactive service calls at our client's facilities.
- assessing the situation
- troubleshooting to find the root cause
- taking corrective actions to maintain the continuous operations of the equipment or system impacted.
- In addition to having well-rounded general maintenance skills, a good working knowledge of general electrical system repairs is desired.
- unstopping toilets and floor drains
- Investigating roof, pipe, and other leaks.
- installing bladders
- resetting tripped circuit breakers
- troubleshooting and repairing water fountains
- replacing ceiling tiles, light ballasts
- Working closely with client representatives and other trade technicians to address reactive maintenance issues, as well as other requests that arise during the shift.
- Attends daily safety trainings and follow all safety directives.
- Manages work orders assigned through Maximo by indicating labor, materials used, and a description of work completed in a timely manner.
- Manages time and prioritizes work orders to ensure that client needs and expectations are met.
- Performs quality repairs that extend the life of the facility
- having well-rounded general maintenance skills
- a good working knowledge of general electrical system repairs is desired.
- Good computer, communication, and typing skills
- Ability to work from lifts and ladders, as well as work in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to work adjusted schedules during extreme weather events. Weekend work is required with these two positions.
- Minimum 2-3 years general maintenance experience in the areas of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, door operations, building systems, etc. in an industrial/commercial environment
- Valid driver’s license with ability to be covered by liability insurance carrier
- High school diploma or GED required
- Candidates must be US citizens in order to receive security credentials to access the client site.