Our major client is seeking a Facility Maintenance Technician to work within their facilities located in Atlanta, GA for a 3-month assignment.
The General Maintenance Technician (Call Catcher) is the “first responder” to many reactive services calls at the facility. This position is responsible for assessing the situation, troubleshooting to find the root cause, and taking corrective actions to maintain the continuous operations of the equipment or system impacted. In addition to having well-rounded general maintenance skills, a good working knowledge of general electrical system repairs is desired. Examples of work responsibilities may include unstopping toilets and floor drains, investigating roof, pipe, and other leaks; installing bladders; resetting tripped circuit breakers; troubleshooting and repairing water fountains, replacing ceiling tiles, light ballasts, etc.
- Works closely with client representatives and other trade technicians to address reactive maintenance issues, as well as other requests that arise during the shift.
- Attends daily safety trainings and follow all safety directives.
- Manages work orders assigned through INFOR Enterprise Asset Management System (EAMS) by indicating labor, materials used, and a description of work completed in a timely manner.
- Manages time and prioritizes work orders to ensure that client needs, and expectations are met.
- Performs quality repairs that extend the life of the facility
- Minimum 2-3 years general maintenance experience in the areas of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, door operations, building systems, etc. in an industrial/commercial environment
- HS Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Good computer, communication, and typing skills
- Ability to work from lifts and ladders, as well as work in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to work adjusted schedules during extreme weather events. Weekend work is required with these two positions.
- Valid driver’s license
Work Schedule: 3rd shift