Airswift has been tasked by one of our biggest clients to seek a Facilities Plant Operator I to join them on a 3 months contract in Waterbury, CT.
* Must have Class I or II or III CT DEEP Wastewater License.
* 1-3 years experience in operating wastewater treatment plants.
* Knowledge of the principles and practices of wastewater treatment plant operations, operating principles of valves, pumps, and motors; principles and methods of bacteriological and chemical sewage analyses; effects and problems of industrial waste in wastewater treatment processes
* Possess a valid vehicle operating license.
* Able to type and enter data in computer spreadsheets and data management systems.
* General knowledge of computer operations.
* Operates treatment facilities to control the flow and processing of wastewater, sludge, and effluent.
* Monitors gauges, meters, and control panels. Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings and test results to determine process adjustment requirements.
* Operates valves and gates either manually or by remote control. Starts and stops pump, engines, and generators to control and adjust flow and treatment processes. Maintains shift log and records meter and gauge readings.
* Takes samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses.
* Performs routine maintenance functions and custodial duties.
* Makes operating decisions in absence of supervisory personnel.
* Performs other duties as required.
Jacobs is looking for a wastewater facility operator with class I, or II, or III. Pay rate is based on experience and shift Opportunity to transition into Jacobs as a full-time employee. The schedule is a third or second shift.