Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is looking for a Facilities Plant Operator to work on a 3- months contract in Atlanta, GA.
*(Possible permanent position, depending on performance) *
Helping deliver safe, reliable, and extremely competitive integrated facilities management services that focus on enhancing the life cycle and performance output of our Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport client’s equipment and assets. Our Boiler Plant Operator career offers you the opportunity to perform a wide variety of preventive and maintenance repairs on boiler, chiller and other systems that control the environment of the Atlanta Airport.
- Ensure that the boilers and chillers, cooling towers and other systems operate effectively within their design capacities and/or capabilities at the airport.
- Monitor asset conditions, scheduling routine inspections.
- Perform intermediate troubleshooting
- Maintain and repair with limited supervision.
- Manage the chemical inventory.
- Calibrate equipment.
- Monitor the Metasys Building Maintenance System.
- Monitor control panels and panel boards and adjust controls, valves, gates, and pumps manually or by remote control to regulate flow, pressure levels and distribution.
- Maintain an operations log with observations of variations in operating conditions, recording plus interpreting meter and gauge readings.
- Operate and control electric motors, pumps, engines, generators, and valves in the plant to regulate the HVAC system at the Atlanta Airport.
- Collect samples and perform routine laboratory tests to ensure proper chemical levels.
- Report to the Plant manager and be able to perform the operational and maintenance tasks without supervision.
- Serve in an acting capacity and make complex operational/maintenance decisions in the absence of the Plant Manager.
- Work directly with the client, the Department of Aviation and their customers as needed and as directed by the Plant Manager, Technical Services Manager, and the Program Manager.
- Use lifts and ladders on your assignments, which may also be completed in a variety of weather conditions.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Experience using basic technology, such as a computer workstation and radio.
- Stay on call once the AAT Project operates 3 shifts daily on a 24/7/365 schedule.
- Other work scheduling requirements may also apply during extreme weather events.
- GA Operator Certification required
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience with industrial production techniques and industrial equipment.
- Ability to operate plant boilers, chillers, cooling towers, pump motors and compressors in a safe condition consistent with journeyman level skills, operating procedures, and parameters.
- Intermediate ability to monitor Metasys BMS.
- High School degree / GED / Graduation from an accredited trade school, apprentice training program or equivalent.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License with no major infractions.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Any gender identity/Veteran/Disability