The facilities engineer will execute brownfield modification projects at client’s Canada’s Kaybob Duverney wellpad sites, responsible for coordinating the completion of project engineering activities and deliverables in as well as overseeing the field execution of these projects. The facilities engineer will be the Management of Change owner for all assigned projects ensuring projects are executed in compliance with client’s MOC process.
Tasks will include but not be limited to the following:
• Generating project alternative and selecting preferred concept
• Generating costs/schedules
• Coordinating with the EPC to develop and delivery engineering deliverables
• Conducting design reviews with project SMEs, stakeholders and EPC
• Participating in PHA/Hazops
• Procuring project materials
• Conducting FAT and other QA/QC activities
• Developing construction work packages
• Updating drawings/PSI to reflect facility modifications
• Managing concurrent engineering within the document management system
• Work with maintenance and operation throughout project phases
• Ensuring field execution requirements are met, including field visits, PSSR, punch list
items, as-builting and RFIs.
• Maintaining project cost tracking
• Utilizing the Management of Change tool to ensure compliance with MOC process
• APEGGA EIT or P.Eng eligable
• Knowledge of facilities design and construction
• Construction and operation of upstream oil & gas surface facilities, including gas
pipelines, equipment, pumps, compressors, electrical, etc.
• Knowledge of Industry safety and environmental regulations
• Demonstrated strong project management skills with the ability to execute on-time
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
• Experience with CAD design preferred
• Proven ability to work with cross functional teams
• Must have a methodical and well-organized approach to the work environment and
the ability to work under tight deadlines
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and able to influence and motivate others
• Experience working in a team environment, team player
• Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in a related engineering field
• 1-6 years’ experience required
• Candidate preferably has held 1-2 past positions as a facility engineer with experience
executing projects in oil & gas
Work Schedule Details:
• This is a hybrid position – worker will be working from home M/F, and working in the office Tu/W/Th.
• 9/80 schedule
• Flexible hours
• Opportunities for OT & weekend work
• Most likely will have to make 1 trip to field every 4-5 weeks
Job locationCalgary, Canada
I&C Design Engineer SME
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workfor...
Lab Technician I
Airswift is working with a leading energy company to find a chemical lab technician to support one of their teams in a 6-months contract, in Richmond, CA. Main responsibilities will include: Perfor...
Sr Project Controls (Outage/Scheduling)
Airswift is seeking a Sr Project Controls to work for 1 year contract in South Carolina in a Nuclear Power Plant Responsible for performing complex aspects of individual project estimating, schedul...