Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Upstream clients to seek a Rotating Equipment Engineer to join them for a long-term contract in the North Slope, Prudhoe Bay East.
Schedule: Rotational 14/14
- Design, review and implement new processes or improvements in the operations or construction of Oil & Gas facilities.
- Analyze material and labor costs, set procedures and standards, review construction or production bids, and may also be responsible for overall plant operations.
- Plan, design and oversee the reconfiguration, maintenance and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures and other facilities.
- Provide day-to-day technical support to production operations teams.
- Coordinate with field and other departments to complete MOC (Management of Change) and FCR (Facility Change Request) related projects and paperwork.
- Optimize and retrofit existing production facilities including design, specification, and procurement of facilities equipment and components.
- Perform line, equipment, pump, valve, PSV, and size calculations.
- Identify, develop, and document scope of work for facility optimization and maintenance projects.
- Perform site visits to assess, document and report on existing conditions.
- Assist with corrosion, storage, and pipeline Integrity activities including design, construction, maintenance, pigging, and code compliance.
- Ensure proper documentation of as-built P&IDs, plot plans, and other required drawings.
- Determine the Root Cause of equipment failures and correct them through innovative solutions.
- Conduct HAZOP’s.
- Develop project scopes, estimate project costs, and prepare funding requests including project analysis, planning, and calculations as required.
- Ensure quality of design, plans, coordination, and execution.
- Participate in special projects or tasks, including emergencies, as required.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of department and division goals.
- Identify and implement improvements in processes and operations to control costs and improve productivity.
- Track and report project status, budgets, and schedule.
- Review vendor quotes, data, and coordination.
- Bachelor's Degree - Mechanical Engineering.
- Prior experience as a Facilities Engineer in the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Emphasis on Mechanical.
- 5+ years of work experience in oil and gas processing plants. Alaska experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and pipeline/facility modelling.
- Strong working knowledge of upstream process onshore/offshore facilities design, operation, and maintenance including separators, compressors, pumps, flow meters, process piping, PSV sizing, and general process flow.
- Experience with Management of Change and Process Hazard Analysis processes.
- Knowledge of P&IDs, Cause & Effect Diagrams, and other process safety documentation.
- Working knowledge of applicable industry codes, standards, and regulations including API standards and ASME codes.
- Knowledge of ADEC and PHMSA regulations affecting pipelines/facilities in Alaska.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, and the ability to effectively build relationships and interact with field operations, technical peers, and management.
- Willingness to travel to remote field locations and provide hands-on support.
- Self-motivated with creative problem-solving skills and the ability to move projects into execution.
- Must be able to handle assignments and projects with minimal supervision and complete within acceptable time standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point.