Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil & Gas clients to seek a Facilities Engineer to work in Midland, TX for a 4-month contract position.
The main function of the Facilities engineer is to oversee the design and construction of various gathering systems, pipelines, injection and production systems in onshore oil and gas operations.
- Develop engineering design from blank page to completed construction drawings and specifications.
- Design and selection of all equipment and piping.
- Manage facilities, including planning, cost estimating, scheduling and construction supervision.
- Provide engineering support for foremen and superintendents, including support during construction and start-up.
- Provide Engineering support to Operations for producing pipelines, facilities, and equipment.
- Analyze problems at existing facilities and generate solutions.
- Function as company representative, contract supervisor and inspector for construction activities.
- Provide input to business plan, including project recommendations, cost estimates and economic justification.
- Perform other engineering duties as required relating to facilities.
- Position will require periodic field visits to upstream operations and construction sites.
- Bachelor's or Master's in a related engineering field with 5-7 years of experience.
- Knowledge of design, construction and operation of upstream oil & gas surface facilities, including gas pipelines, equipment, pumps, compressors, electrical, etc.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations, failure analysis, and well behavior as relates to facilities.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills with the ability to execute on-time and on-budget.
- Proficiency with MS Office products. Experience with CAD design desirable.