Civil Infrastructure Superintendent
We are currently recruiting for a heavily experienced External Consultant on a superintendent level to join a major project within Brisbane, with the roles purpose on the administer civil infrastructure construction contracts and to ensure the contractual obligations are being preformed with quality standards and procurement policies.
Location - Brisbane, QLD
Duration - 2+ Years
- Oversee the operations of infrastructure projects from planning to completion by monitoring and reporting on supplier/contractor performance and quality of work.
- Deliver the highest of standards of service to customers.
- Administer a large Construction Contract.
- Review construction plans and monitor construction activities to identify non-conformances and raise corrective actions ensuring compliance with both quality and record keeping requirements.
- Plan, monitor and control all aspects of project contract administration including requests for information, site instructions, invoice review, claims prevention, and general contractor management for time, cost and quality.
- Review monthly progress payment claims and undertake necessary measure up to verify quantities claimed and make recommendations to the project director.
- Establish relationships with providers, suppliers, contractor, clients and manage, identify and minimise risk and advise on any potential disruptions.
- Provide quantity, variations, risks, programming and progress forecasts and anticipated final costs on a monthly basis to minimis construction and contractual risk.
- Oversee Superintendent’s representatives as applicable, electrical, structural an civil inspectors and other construction personnel for site safety, environment, quality to progress the work in a safe, environmentally sounds, cost effective and timely manner.
- Demonstrated evidence of 10 years industry experience working with Department of Transport and Main Roads standard specifications or similar as well contract administration using AS 4000 or AS 2124.
- Proven success in administration/supervision of contractors in civil infrastructure works including roads, pavements, structures, and public utilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction principles and industry regulations including a sound understanding of project management processes and project lifecycle with experience in delivering major infrastructure projects.
- Ability to lead and influence complex negotiations for contract variations, claims and disputes to deliver effective outcomes and mitigation of risk.
- Ability to lead and manage the preparation of contract documents, including review of specifications, schedule of rates and designs.
- Traffic Management Design – Open Certification.
- Working from heights, confined spaces certifications.