Our major clients in O&G industry is looking for a Expeditor II, to work on 1year contract in Edmonton, AB.
This position will be responsible for providing frequent, timely and results-oriented project equipment/material expediting. Responsibilities include, manage project milestones within scope, ensuring document submittal schedules and focus on completion of Purchase Order/Contract close out requirements.
• Support the Supply Chain function by expediting and tracking all aspects/deliverables, for items as assigned (items can be included in but not limited to equipment/material required for completion of Purchase Orders, Contracts, or Projects).
• Support and assist with the management of all associated vendor equipment/material documentation between the vendor, Engineering (or Engineering Consultant) and internal Project teams to ensure prompt review & approval periods.
• Regular review of vendor fabrication schedules, Inspection and Test Plans (if applicable), Inspection Reports and other pertinent vendor and PO data to mitigate any delays
• Report to stakeholders on equipment/material status, progress, receiving status as required using the required reporting formats.
• Work with vendors and stakeholders to resolve freight claims, investigate quantity shortages/overages, shipment errors, tagging issues etc.
• Assist with logistics for delivery of equipment/material to site and coordinate with construction at site to ensure readiness and proper equipment is available for off-loading shipment as required
• Keep updated electronic records per requirements for timely completion of PO/Contract closeouts by creating, organizing, and maintaining expediting files
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Previous working knowledge and experience of expediting, logistics, purchasing and project document requirements.
• Coordination skills, ability to multi-task, follow up and manage timelines
• Working Knowledge of Engineering and Vendor Documentation is required.
• Knowledge of MS Windows/Outlook and Office Suite.
• post-secondary education in a related field (e.g. Project Management, Purchasing / Supply Chain Management, B-Com, Finance, Business Admin.)