Job title: EV Hubs Delivery Lead
Assignment Duration: 12 months+
Work Location: Sunbury / remote working available
Job Type: Contract
An integral part of our transition from an International Oil Company to an Integrated Energy Company is the entry of electrical vehicle (EV) charging markets in key countries e.g., Germany, UK, US and China. Our mission is to create the fastest and most convenient charger network in the markets we operate in.
This is an opportunity to join a team with an envious position in a fast-growing business, and ultimately help enable more people to transition to electric vehicles. You will not just be part of the biggest change in the automotive industry for a century - you will be at the forefront of it as we shape the EV charging market in key regions.
The purpose of the EV Hubs delivery lead role is to play a key part in the EV roll out focused on EV Hubs throughout the UK. Ride hail hubs are clustered EV chargers on a closed loop network, only available to professional ride hail drivers (i.e., Uber). The programme is focused on creating hubs in key cities across Europe with 2021 focused on London, Manchester, Birmingham, Amsterdam, and Berlin. Each site will consist of 10 chargers and potentially a convenience offer. The EV Hubs delivery lead will support the delivery of these sites from identification of a suitable location up to detailed design and construction, in key location across the UK.
- Play a key role in delivering the externally committed target of 70,000 EV unit by 2030.
- Lead the delivery of EV Hub site identification, appraisal, engineering assessment, DNO connections, and commercial sign-off to be constructed at key locations across the UK
- Create a standard execution model for EV hubs from site appraisal, engineering feasibility, DNO power applications, network planning, procurement and handover to installation, construction and commissioning/go-live.
- Support the project manager with an EV Hub governance process both internally and externally - while managing the interface with key suppliers and engineering contractors to deliver a great product in a safe and efficient manner.
- Lead performance management and reporting of near-term progress against long term targets.
- Lead the creation and own the EV roll out plan across each region.
- Own the EV Hub risk management process across each region.
- Coordinate key project management processes to maintain the EV Hub roll out in an efficient and control manner.
- Maintain a close working relationship with each of regional businesses and ensure they are successful with delivering their regional targets.
- Contribution to the development of annual plans and budgets, commercial input into yearly EFM requests to support the roll out of the programme globally.
- 2-10 years’ experience in large scale project management
- Broad professional experience in engineering and project management delivery.
- Sound knowledge of EV charging technology and thorough understanding of the operation and structures of charging networks and how they are integrated.
- Prior experience working with or for DNO’s in the UK an advantage
- Direct experience of industry standards in the EV space.
- Fluent in English