Our client is hiring a Cost Estimator to join their business in a 1-year contract assignment, working in Spring, TX.
The Cost Estimator will perform or coordinate effort for cost estimate preparation, estimating oversight and quality assurance reviews for Company operated and Other Builder Operator estimates for all Gate and Funding milestones.
The Cost Estimator will also prepare Check Estimates and Schedules to compare with Operated by Others (OBO) Operator-prepared submittals. Also this person will participate in estimate / Schedule assessments (verification of project cost & schedule bases). Lastly, they are expected to participate in Estimating Group process efficiency tools and quality assurance review process improvements.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for maintaining change control, cost reports, etc.
- Work with project estimator, planner and scheduler and Clients accounting staff
- Coordinate and assemble the monthly progress reports
- Work closely with clients project manager and team leads for regulated and non-regulated accounting reporting requirements
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- ACCE Experience (Aspen Capital Cost Estimator)
- 20+ years of experience working on projects
- Skills to negotiate and broker successful solutions between Internal Coordination parties above
- Advanced level proficiency in Cost Estimating, Project Planning and Project Controls
- Strong Influencing, consulting, mentoring, analytical, and computing skills
- Adaptability to changing priorities