Airswift - Estimating Consultant - Solar. 6 Month Contract
Airswift has been tasked by one of their key renewables clients to source a Estimating Consultant to join their team on an initial 6 month contract to work remotely with monthly business trips to Mississippi.
Within this role you will be reporting to the Operations Director and be responsible for the overall planning and coordinating efforts to produce comprehensive Commercial Solar project cost estimates (specifically civil aspects). This position will take a lead role in providing data and cost analysis for estimate reviews and presentations.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
- Utilizing the company approved costing methodology, data and systems to present estimate results in a detailed breakdown format suitable for use by the operations team.
- Preparing cost estimates assuring that all costs are detailed and included in the estimate; including management services, equipment and material costs, as well as construction costs, operating costs, and other costs associated with Commercial Scale Solar projects – with a particular focus on the civil works
- Preparing project cost estimates from the client’s RFQ documents/drawings
- Be able to present the details behind each estimate, including the basis of the man-hours allocated for each task, personnel resources needed to execute each task, etc.
- Maintain detailed cost estimating tools including databases, spreadsheets, and other computer-based applications in order to keep up to date information on past performance and industry standards
Previous experience and education required:
- 3 years experience in project cost estimating/project management
- Strong experience of the Solar industry. Commercial Project size 50MW+
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer experience with Microsoft Office; specifically Excel.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.