Estimating and Change Lead
Our client has an open-pit copper-gold mine located in Indonesia. They seek a Perth based Estimating and Change Lead to work as a part of the integrated Project Management Team The project is the development of additional mineral processing capacity to more than double the existing production, this will include primary crushing station, overland conveyor, coarse ore stockpile and reclaim, milling with pebble crushing, flotation circuits and concentrate and tailings pipelines.
Whilst the role is Perth based, there may be some site components and a requirement for you to travel to Indonesia as required.
- Utilise estimating methods and the expertise of other project professionals to establish project estimates.
- Engage in direct contact with other functional areas, including client and field contractors
- Maintain and support the office estimating database and information such as escalation indices, rate of exchange variation, productivity, etc
- Presentation of the estimates to management and to Client Management
- Turnover of the completed and approved estimate to the Project Control team 2) Change Management
- Capture change triggers from project team, including at meetings
- Coordinate the collection of information regarding the change from all project disciplines
- Coordinate the preparation of the change notice
- Coordinate and the review and approval workflow
- Manage the communication of the change following review
- Closeout the change implementation across all impacted project disciplines
- Maintain change tracking into the approved project tools
Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
It is also desirable that you possess:
- 7 years of relevant estimating experience
- 4 years change management experience
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Minimum of 2 years experience using and of the Estimating Systems
- Knowledge of copper processing facilities.
- Ability to travel to project site as required to interface with site management team.
- Team leadership with strong communication skill.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Experienced in international locations with strong coaching skills to develop project team members.
- Meet requirements for Indonesian visa and work permits.
Vaccine mandates apply for this role