Airswift is working with one of our clients to find an Equipment Operator to work on an initial 3-months assignment in Hood River, OR.
- Loads, unloads, hauls, and applies sewage sludge and, if applicable, scum, grit, and screenings according to approved procedures including application to agricultural land, landfills, etc.
- Inspects, repairs, seals and maintains free-flowing conditions in sewer lines, drains, ditches, and culverts. If appropriate adjusts manholes; lays sewer lines to upgrade; patches streets and sidewalks; and erects and repairs fences
- Loads, unloads, hauls, and spreads sand, gravel, and dirt; digs and refills ditches and trenches
- Inspects, cleans, and performs a variety of tasks in the maintenance, servicing, and care of equipment, vehicles, tools, pumps, and other mobile and stationary equipment
- Maintains records and log of work activities
- Uses materials, supplies, and hand or power tools
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Works safely and adheres to established safety procedures; familiar with confined space entry, traffic safety, and control
- Performs other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools employed in the general operations of engines, pumps, and related equipment; general maintenance work; safe work practices; basic biological and chemical principles
- Minimum 2 years of experience in operating water treatment systems