Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is seeking to hire a Field Environmental Coordinator to work in a 12 months contract position located in Montney, British Columbia.
This individual will play a key role in the overall coordination and implementation of field environmental programs, proactive environmental initiatives and compliance with environmental approvals, licenses and permits that support Montney exploration, production operations, capital projects, construction, drilling and completion activities. This position will also be responsible for the environmental component of the company’s Health Safety Environment Management System. The Field Environmental Coordinator will be an integral member of the Environmental Operations team reporting to the Manager, Environmental Operations. This position is primarily site or field based and will be scheduled as a back-to-back rotational position.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental requirements for operations;
- Act as a liaison between the Montney facility and the Calgary Staff, keeping Manager, Environmental Operations and applicable team members appraised of on site activities as required;
- Coach and mentor HSE and operations staff and contractors to increase environmental awareness and improve environmental performance;
- Develop, implement and manage environmental and regulatory procedures and plans;
- Coordinate waste management best practices for all field operations;
- Coordinate and direct contract service providers conducting environmental monitoring to ensure safe, quality and cost effective delivery of services;
- Manage scope of work and budgets associated with environmental work;
- Support operations on environmental issues and programs, including flare, fugitive/venting and GHG verification and reporting, waste management, erosion control, vegetation management, water withdrawal/discharge, spill cleanup, wildlife reporting etc.;
- Assist Operations in developing and coordinating environmental response to environmental incidents such as spills and releases;
- Report regulatory reportable non-compliance and follow up with corrective actions; Support incident investigation, corrective action and verification of environmental and regulatory contraventions;
- Work with the Health and Safety, Sustainable Development and Regulatory teams to ensure consistent program execution, regulatory interaction and planning;
- Develop programs designed to improve environmental performance of Montney operations;
- Liaise with key regulatory agencies on environmental programs, approval and permit requirements;
- Collect and analyze environmental data to identify trends and issues to help implement enhancements to environmental programs;
- Support execution of permits and licenses for construction and production operations;
- Support Remediation/Reclamation environmental liability reduction program.
- Minimum of post-secondary degree in environmental science or equivalent.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in environmental operations support.
- Strong familiarity with British Columbia environmental requirements.
- Minimum 5 years direct field environmental operations experience.
- An understanding of oil and gas production operations.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License.
- Ability and flexibility to work on rotation.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions.
- Technical Expertise – Knowledgeable and experienced with the fundamentals of environmental management and environmental incident response.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to accomplish results under pressure while remaining flexible to rapidly changing conditions and priorities.
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication.
Formal training and experience in:
- Proactive environmental performance initiatives.
- Spill and environmental incident response.
- Incident investigation.