Airswift has been tasked by one of our major energy clients in the Oil & Gas Industry to seek an Environmental Specialist to work in their facilities located in Houston, Texas for a long-term assignment.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review internal records and public records to complete desktop compliance review of various assets
- Records review includes spills, historical contamination and remediation, waste management and disposal, public water systems, air emissions permitting, SPCC and SWPPP compliance, etc.
- Chase down compliance items
- Identify environmental liabilities – waste, remediation, etc.
- Summarize findings and draft HSE Non-objection using provided template
PREVIOUS EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in related area
- Knowledge of federal and state environmental and regulatory regulations (TX, NM, OK, UT, ND) and compliance requirements including but not limited to RCRA, CERCLA, Clean Water Act, and the Clean Air Act
- Experience and ability to complete Phase 1 site assessments at needed
- Proficient in Microsoft word and excel, and GIS capability
- Ability to travel once a month up to one week at a time
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19