Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Environmental Regulatory Advisor to join their team located in Goleta, California for a Long-Term contract with possibility of extension.
Will work with environmental, socioeconomic, and/or health consultants and E&R Restart Lead to develop local E&R plans and procedures.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Oversee the preparation of local permits / licenses / approvals, interface and coordinate activities with E&R Restart Lead
- Obtain identified permits / licenses / approvals in a timely manner; track / steward the approvals process and the compliance status
- Interface with brownfield teams to ensure environmental and socioeconomic standards are properly integrated into project designs and implementation plans
- Track and steward local permitting/authorization
- Work with E&R Restart Lead project to on appropriate and acceptable E&R plans (e.g., leak detection and repair monitoring, waste management plans, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures Plan, Storm Water Pollution Prevention, Haz Mat Business Plan)
- Track and manage onsite activities such as waste and chemical management and maintenance related air permits
- Investigate, record, and report identified ER&S potential non-compliance situations regarding environmental and socioeconomic matters
- Ensure the timely completion and submission of performance monitoring / reporting documents regarding the implementation / execution of environmental, socioeconomic, and/or health matters
- Coordinate the activities of environmental and socioeconomic consultants hired to undertake specific ER&S-related tasks
- Assist the Project Team, as appropriate, regarding special tasks, studies and reports related to overall ER&S matters and regulatory compliance requirements
- Participate in training / awareness sessions for the Team regarding ER&S implementation and other environmental, socioeconomic, and/or health matters
- University degree in Engineering, Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Social Sciences (e.g., anthropology, sociology), Safety, Fire Protection, or some other technical field related to SSH&E
- 3 to 5 years of experience in environmental, socioeconomic, and/or health field(s), preferably related to a construction or extractive industry project
- Knowledge of US/CA regulations desirable
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume.