Location - Brisbane, QLD
Duration - 12 Months
Our client are looking for a Environmental Officer to join their Brisbane based team, working on-site conducting field work, data analysis and reporting towards the environmental improvement to the cities environmental resources.
You will be working through efficient management of waste facilities, pro-active waste minimization, recycling, resource recovery and other sustainability initiatives.
- Undertake environmental investigations within the Brisbane Landfill facilities.
- Conduct routine site inspections to ensure the operational activities are being undertaken in an environmentally compliant manner and any associated environmental issues are managed in a timely manner.
- Report investigations of environmental incidents with recommendations to management regarding corrective and preventive actions.
- Analyse and compile monthly reports regarding landfill and resource recovery centres’ environmental monitoring data and Environmental Regulatory compliance reports.
- Comply with and assist in the development and continuous improvement of Waste and Resource Recovery Services.
- Assist with developing environmental monitoring programs for existing and new waste management activities with a focus on resource recovery and circular economy.
- Proven ability to undertake environmental monitoring program and ensure that all monitoring activities are undertaken as per prescribed standards and timeframes.
- Sound understanding of environmental issues associated with the waste management industry, and knowledge of the Environmental Protection Act 1994 as it relates to waste management.
- Sound knowledge of current and emerging waste management technologies, trends and practices especially regarding resource recovery and landfill diversion.
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesise diverse range of information to produce detailed and accurate reports.
- Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or equivalent.
- Possession of a current “C” Class Driver’s Licence.
- Blue Card (role assists with school visits)