AIRSWIFT has been tasked by one if of our major clients in Oil & Gas industry to seek for an Environmental Monitoring Advisor (Upstream Operations) to work within their facilities located in Chinchilla for a 4-month contract assignment. This will be a rotational role, both office and field-based.
This role is responsible for ensuring compliance to regulatory conditions and requirements, as well as in developing and implementing company's Environmental Management system (EMS).
- Compliance to ISO14001 certified environmental management system and Commitment and Policy on Health, Security, Safety, Environment and Social Performance
- Compliance to obligations contained within federal and state environmental approvals for the scope of the company's asset
- Support the development and implementation of the asset audit and assurance process for environmental compliance
- Recognize the issues that present a compliance business risk and elevate them to leadership team
- Ensure regulatory compliance and positive environmental outcomes are achieved by implementing and driving the EMS through systematic, prioritized and evidence-based assurance
- Lead the implementation and continuous improvement of company's ISO14001 certified Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Recognize the development or review of processes/procedures, and committed to driving EMS ownership throughout the business
- Provide technical review and consistent advice on the environmental conditions and raise awareness of significant environmental risks
- Engage and collaborate with work groups and contract partners by facilitating toolbox talks and staff awareness in company's environmental compliance requirements, driving for continuous improvement
- Ensure appropriate, visible data, documentation and records management processes are maintained for effective tracking of environmental performance.
- Pursue the goals of protecting the environment, ensuring most efficient and cost-effective use of materials and energy to provide products and services across the life of the asset
- Committed to meeting the obligations within federal, state and local approvals; and respecting agreements with landholders, neighbors and societies in which the company operates
- Minimize company's footprint and improve/challenge the respective units to achieve improved environmental outcomes
- Degree(s) or equivalent in a relevant science or environmental science discipline, or environmental management, or environmental engineering
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a front-line implementation role
- Knowledge of state and federal environmental legislation and policies
- Knowledge and experience in the development, implementation and improvement of ISO14001 certified Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Experience in the onshore CSG industry (desirable)
- Related industry experience
- Rotational roster: 15 days on, 13 days off, 10-hour day shift
- The role will be both office and field-based, often working on your own in remote field locations some distance from operational hubs