Energy is a fundamental basic need of our society. Fossil fuels, including oil, are an essential source of energy and will remain so until renewable energies have the capacity to meet the growing demand for energy.
Nearly 5,000 globally are proud to design, build and operate floating facilities that produce more than 1% of the world’s oil. We do it in the safest, most affordable, and most sustainable way. And we continuously strive to reduce emissions, in line with our emissionZEROTM program.
As a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry, we recognize the significant importance of climate change and the growing need for renewable energy. We invest in products and services that enable the transition towards renewable energy, with a focus on Floating Offshore Wind, Wave Energy, and Carbon Capture and Storage. In addition, we also develop Smart Digital Services to improve and support everything we do.
Oceans play a central role in producing the energy of today and of tomorrow. We work together with the world’s leading energy companies to make that happen. We act responsibly and ethically so that communities where we operate benefit from our presence and activities.
We are committed to sharing our experience to deliver safe, sustainable, and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come.
The Global Proposals and Technical HSE Manager is building a team of subject matter experts as part of the corporate Global Resources and Services Technical HSE team in the Quality, Regulatory and HSE Department. The GR&S Technical HSE team supports the projects and studies carried out by SBM Offshore by providing technical solutions for assessing and managing hazards and environmental aspects.
The GR&S Environmental Engineer will be the driving force in developing the company’s environmental programs to support optimization of or existing activities in Floating Production Systems, and in New Energies and Technologies.
The GR&S Engineer will be instrumental in developing the company’s competencies in:
- Environmental Governance via assessing the requirements in clients ESIA’s and ensuring conformance of projects to international good practice standards including those produced by the International Finance Council.
- Provide input to Environmental Design methodologies including ENVID, Environmental ALARP, GHG Calculations and Energy Efficiency Assessments.
- Provide training to staff and contractors on environmental matters.
The GR&S Environmental Engineer will interact with GR&S Engineering and Group Technical Authorities and provide subject matter expertise to the group as part of the development of corporate standards and governance. This may include assisting in defining the minimum environmental technical standards required as part of an environmental Group Technical Standard.
Finally, the Group Environmental Engineer will provide subject matter expertise in supporting the existing operations HSSE department in their environmental management activities.
Offshore is looking for applicants with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field of Engineering or Science. With a minimum of 10 years of experience with an Oil and Gas or EPC company working as an Environmental Engineer. Experience with overall FPSO design (multi-discipline), capable to translate client and other requirements into specific design philosophies for execution. Facilitation and training experience considered beneficial. This experience should include lead or management experience of a multi-disciplined team.
Furthermore you are or you have:
- A self- starter who possesses good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Great time management skills
- Innovative and collaborative nature.
- Leadership skills and proactive behavior
- Flexible and adaptable to react to operational changes
- Fluent in English (both written and verbally) and a strong communicator in developing presentations and training materials for both internal and external audiences
- Willingness to travel as international business travels may be required
- A people leader with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, empowering others and shares visibility, with experience in managing innovative multidisciplined technical teams.
- 1 year contractor role
- Flexible start- and end time
- Attractive benefits in the area of personal development, culture, sports and relaxation
- A modern and well facilitated office, which is accessible by car and by public transport.