Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Environmental Engineer to work for Technical Department and to support the Mega LNG expansion multi-billion project. This is a contract and residential role to be based in Ras Laffan, Qatar.
- Implement the NFXP Project Environmental Management Program during the NFS onplot FEED activities to ensure compliance with the State of Qatar, RLIC and QG requirements and provide oversight to FEED Contractors to ensure performance standards are obtained and sustained.
- Key Job Accountabilities:
- Ensures the timely completion of the all environmental studies including the Environmental Baseline Study (EBS) and Environmental Social Health Impact Assessment (ESHIA), including MME approval and issuance of consent to construct.
- Supports PMT engineers, analysts and staff to implement the NFXP Project Environmental Management Programs during the FEED.
- Contributes to the establishment, maintenance and improvement of Environmental Management Programs to fulfil environmental permit, legal and other requirements as well as NFXP Project’s Environmental Management System guidelines for the NFS onplot.
- Ensures FEED Contractors implement requirements of monitoring programs for emissions and discharges and supports environmental reporting, including monthly, quarterly and other ad-hoc reporting to regulators and stakeholders in accordance with environmental legal and other requirements and NFXP Project Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Supports the implementation and sustainment of the NFXP Project Environmental Management System (EMS) including assessments and audits and Qatargas Management System (QGMS) as applicable to facilitate compliance with environmental regulations and permit requirements.
- Provides technical input on specific environmental focus areas, programs and emerging issues, as assigned by line management to fulfil permit, regulatory and/or other operational environmental requirements.
- Coordinates and implements environmental studies, projects and contracts as and when required to comply with permit and/or other environmental and operational requirements. Performs site surveys and assessments to support studies to control discharges, emissions and wastes.
- Promotes environmental awareness through the full duration of the NFS FEED to enhance compliance with NFXP Project’s environmental requirements. Supports NFXP Project participation in environmental initiatives and projects with Qatargas, with the aim of establishing and sustaining NFXP Project’s environmental performance and reputation.
- Supervises environmental technicians and FEED Contractors’ personnel to ensure environmental monitoring activities are timely completed.
- Supports field teams to ensure full compliance to the RLIC environmental permit requirements.
Key Result Areas:
- Ensure that all environmental studies are competed in full compliance with environmental permit, legal and other requirements as well as NFXP Project’s Environmental Management System guidelines, and within the timeframe of the FEED.
- Ensure that FEED Contractor policies and procedures (Environmental deliverables) are developed and comply with reference framework
- Supports FEED Contractors with compliance to requirements of the MME Consent to Construct.
- Support and ensures that Environmental deliverables are completed on time and at the right quality
- Utilizes a systematic approach to problem solving that ensures accuracy, timeliness and quality of documentation in resolution.
- Manages complex tasks to completion within time constrains of Project, with minimal guidance from more experienced staff.
- Manages the resolution of problems in more demanding and less familiar situations using precedent and own acquired knowledge.
Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
- Makes decisions and solves problems related to a specific discipline/field.
- Establishes credibility with peers, sub-ordinates and supervisors.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice. Understands organizational authority and seeks appropriate line management approvals.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor or Associates degree in Engineering / Science from a recognized university and ten (10+) years’ experience in the Oil & Gas industry in environmental field or in lieu of a degree, minimum of twenty years of experience in environmental or regulatory matters.
- Worldwide experience with EPC Contractors and construction sub-contractors in particular those involved in the construction of onshore production facilities (i.e. green-field and brown-field work).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong teamwork, facilitation, with the ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with diverse cultures to obtain world-class performance.
- Knowledge of Industry Environmental standards & specifications.
- Knowledge of QG and RLIC environmental standards and specifications will be an advantage.