Location: Dar es Salam, Tanzania
Contract duration: long term contract opportunity – 3 year project
Project info: The EACOP Project (East Africa Crude Oil Pipeline Project) is an EPcmC. 1,500km pipeline project across Uganda and Tanzania, with a Main Storage Terminal and Jetty in Tanzania.
Rotation: 8/2 rotation, 5 day, 50 hour work week
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Ryan Kirkpatrick
As a leading global provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are looking to expand our team on the EACOP Project and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans in 2022.
We are recruiting for an Environmental Coordinator to join our project team in Tanzania, mobilising on a rotational assignment (8/2). The successful individual will be engaged on a long term contract basis, to support the EACOP Project (East Africa Crude Oil Pipeline Project) - an EPcmC 1,500km pipeline project across Uganda and Tanzania, with a Main Storage Terminal and Jetty in Tanzania.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities
The Environmental Coordinator will report to the Environmental Methods Lead on the project and will have the following responsibilities:
- Develops or provides inputs to the development of the construction environmental management plans as required.
- Monitors and inspects contractors’ day to day construction activities to ensure all are performed in accordance with all project applicable permit conditions, environmental management condition and mitigation requirements.
- Monitors all project related facilities, camps, waste management areas, STP, access roads, etc.
- Liaises daily with EPC Contractor’s site personnel. Effectively provides guidance, as required, regarding compliance requirements and corrective actions.
- Liaises with the contractors’ environmental team to ensure on-going project compliance
- Ensures all required samplings/testing are done as required
- Issues non-compliance for the breaches in permit/mitigation requirements.
- Assists in the review and close out of rectifications arising from daily inspections, audits, or compliance review process.
- Provides and maintains daily inspection reports with photos.
- Liaises with immediate supervisor, highlighting areas of concern, NCRs, incidents, etc.
Qualifications and Key Person Specifications
- Environmental experience in the pipeline industry
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to understand and explain all project environmental requirements
- Physical ability to work in the field and conduct inspection in difficult terrain
- Effective communication and interaction with construction crews in the field and management teams.
- Concise report writing on a daily basis.
General Project - Essential:
- Proven experience in one or more of commercial management, prime contract management, project controls, contracts/supply chain or project management
- Staff management experience (knowledge transfer)
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to use MS Office (word, excel, Outlook, Power point) competently
- Understanding of Time / Distance planning programs
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel as and when required
- High level of safety awareness
General Project - Desirable:
- A strong communication, networking, collaboration, and well-developed team-working skills, especially in multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams.
- An ‘Incident Free’ mind-set, and be a role model for their project team (Direct/Indirect hires);
- A full understanding of how all elements of the project scope integrate and interface with each other and are managed to successfully deliver the right project outcome
- A high focus on identifying and delivering the identified deliverables, which meet project expectations from a quality and performance perspective, with minimal integration challenges to current operations.
- Excellent teamwork & skills being able to work with the various sub-teams to resolve issues and reach decisions that are in the best interests of the integrated project team.
- An ability to work effectively in a diverse, multidisciplinary team environment, including Interface management experience, within facilities, and across other functions.
- Strong Team Building, Development and Mentoring skills