One of our clients, subsidiary of Qatar Energy Offshore Department, is hiring for Engineering Tools AVEVA Administrator on contract role to be based in Qatar. This is a contract role with initial duration of 24 months (renewable).
- 3D as built models are delivered by contractor as per NOC rules and standards,
- Projects design tools database are delivered by contractor as per NOC rules and standards
- Project documents are timely issued by contractor as smart documents following NOC rules.
- Engineering documents are generated as E documents in a timely manner by the Contractor
- Use of engineering tools by Contractor is in accordance with NOC administration policies
- Projects documents are delivered and project modeling is performed by contractors without interruption, blockage, delay due do software administration, configuration, set-up.
Al Shaheen Oil field gathers 33 offshore platforms at 80 km from shore. Phase 2 project is on execution adding 7 wellhead platforms, one CPP, 10 pipelines. Phase 3 project is starting with a pre-FEED and will add 9 wellheads platforms, one CPP, one LQ, one riser platform.
Al Shaheen existing platforms and new platforms are modelled with AVEVA E3D in AVEVA global environment.
The job holder is in charge to administrate the projects engineering design tools used by the Projects Contractors such as AVEVA Global, AVEVA E3d, DIAGRAM, ENGINEERING, INSTRUMENTATION, ELECTRICAL and the software’s (mainly itools) used to convert engineering deliverables in smart documents.
He works in coordination with NOC Engineering & Construction department that are the 3D model referent administrators of NOC. He ensures the initial set up of the engineering tools of the contractor and ensure their development as per NOC rules.
He is the focal point of all engineering contractors of NOC major projects as administrator for NOC libraries used in design and modeling tools.
He works in coordination with NOC Major Projects document controllers
He drives and assist CTR/Vendors for the development of new plug ins to issue E documents where they are missing.
The Job holder is based in NOC Major Projects offices (Doha) or in the engineering contractor premises.
Base case is the Doha premises.
The Job holder is the focal point within Major Projects for all engineering contractors for 3D modeling, 2D CAD drawings and all engineering documents generated by AVEVA software’s.
The Job holder belongs to NOC Major project engineering team, reports directly to the Engineering Manager of NOC /Major Projects and functionally to the engineering technical lead.
- Promote & comply with applicable safety instructions and other NOC HSE procedures in all activities
- Carry out work in compliance with NOC values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed NOC priorities and objectives, NOC standards and procedures and good industry practices,
- Ensure the preparation and the set up of the 3D models delivered to the engineering CTR of MP.
- Check that 3D model libraries are UpToDate
- Provide the backing sheets and available templates to the Contractors, ensure that their integration in AVEVA tools are properly managed by CTR, check that deliverables are issued at the requested format.
- Work in coordination with NOC E&C referents, to ensure common and efficient administration rules in NOC.
- Respond and guide CTR to solve issues faced by CTR with NOC provided libraries, database.
- Provide guidance, support and respond to queries to the CTR in setting up and roll-out of the Engineering tools.
- Ensure that models are developed in accordance with NOC standards, project specifications, procedures, within time frame while maintaining the highest work quality.
- Perform regular audits of the 3d Models in AVEVA E3D and project engineering database in AVEVA instrumentation, electrical, diagrams, engineering with use of available checklists.
- Manage and administrate AVEVA E3D, AVEVA Global, AVEVA Engineering, Aveva Instrumentation, Aveva Electrical and AVEVA Diagrams software in accordance with the NOC administration, audit & control procedures.
- Perform routine checks of the AVEVA E3D, AVEVA Global, AVEVA Engineering, Aveva Instrumentation, Aveva Electrical and AVEVA Diagrams software Project database via data verification and project auditing and trouble shoot and resolve the issues.
- Liaise with internal NOC's stakeholders including TRPs and CAD Administrators from other NOC divisions (including E&C, MP and CPD);
- Participate in the preparation, modification and Issue for use of specifications and procedures for the management and control of AVEVA E3D, AVEVA Global, AVEVA Engineering, Aveva Instrumentation, Aveva Electrical and AVEVA Diagrams.
- Assist project management team to finalize in contractual documents all points related to modeling and use of engineering design software’s using libraries, database, set up provided by NOC or with defined expectations of NOC.
- Attend meetings with potential bidders, as required, during various stage of FEED & EPC CFT
- Keep a pro-active attitude in front of future interlocutors (contractors, vendors, etc.),
- Treat all information obtained during course of the work with confidentiality,
- Assist the contractors to issue all deliverables in smart pdf using Itools plug ins or others software’s
- Coordinate with CTR the development of plug ins that are missing to generate E documents in some disciplines
- Propose, promote and put in place any means/solutions to improve the project modelling by CTR and documents issuance in a more lean and reliable manner.
- Ensure that relevant feedback from previous similar projects or any lessons learnt by others are considered in the design performance,
- Participate in weekly and monthly meetings with Contractors, and in specific ad hoc meetings as required by management,
- Request assistance from shareholder specialists (remote head office), when required,
- Ensure detailed progress reporting to project management,
- Assist project management team to reply to various correspondence by providing technical support,
- Carry out any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by hierarchical superiors.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Several years of experience required as administrator of AVEVA Global, AVEVA 3D model preferably within Engineering Contractors.
- Experience and skill of AVEVA instrumentation, electrical, diagrams, engineering software as administrator is required.
- Digital project experience and skill is a plus.
- Good level of technical understanding of all relevant technical disciplines
- Available for world-wide missions,
- Language: fluent English,
- Computer literate,
- Good communication skills, ability to solve issues in a complex environment
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment