Engineering Project Manager (Hull). Airswift. Schiedam, The Netherlands.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek an Engineering Project Manager to work within their facilities in Schiedam, The Netherlands on an ongoing project.
As the Engineering Project Manager (Hull) you are responsible for the development of the engineering planning for a project and for executing the engineering work within schedule and budget. You take responsibility for the design integrity and selected technical solutions.
Day to day responsibilities:
- The Engineering Project Manager (Hull) works as part of the project management team and in close cooperation with the client and classification society, all in coordination with the Project Manager. Furthermore, you will work in close cooperation with internal stakeholders such as Operations, Planning, Engineering departments and others and you will develop and implement the lessons learned.
- Define and control of the Engineering scope of work
- Develop the Engineering part of the Hull Project Engineering Plan (budget and planning of the engineering scope)
- Assemble the engineering team in consultation with the Department Managers and Lead Engineers
- Manage the execution of the engineering scope in compliance with the contract, applicable rules & regulation, internal systems & standards, resulting in a safe, operable, and cost-effective design
- Organize design reviews and implement review results
- Obtain relevant approvals and certifications (client, class, etc.)
- BSc. or MSc. within any relevant Engineering discipline (e.g. Process, Mechanical, Marine, Structural).
- At least 10 years of Engineering experience, which includes experience on-site, as a discipline lead, as well as international experience in multi-disciplinary projects.
- Have experience with international teams, preferably in Asia.
- Experience with FPSO is preferred
- Construction experience is a must
- Broad knowledge of different offshore systems
- Well-developed commercial and contractual awareness
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbally.
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading company, please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume.