Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek an Engineering Manager to work in their facilities located in Italy/India/Korea under a 2-year contract.
Job Purpose & Scope:
1. Ensuring HSSEQ goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement.
2. Safe delivery and handover of the Project to the Owner, sustainably, safely, on time, within budget, ensuring
3. Responsible for all management aspects, including day-to-day work allocation and supervision, of the PMC
4. To ensure PMC Engineering personnel are competent to perform their duties relating to the scope of work as
5. To provide leadership in the development and implementation of engineering processes, procedures and
6. To ensure the Engineering group is resourced with the correct disciplines and size to deliver against the
7. To provide independent Project Management Consultancy services and technical opinion, and advice related to
short falls, recovery plans, minimizing potential risks and maintaining overall Project progress during the
Engineering and Procurement phases in the EPC / FEED Contractor’s Home Offices.
1. Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities.
2. Identifying, evaluating, and resolving Engineering issues during the EPC / FEED phase.
3. Setting up Engineering coordination procedures in agreement with the EPC / FEED Contractor for an orderly and
efficient execution of the work.
4. Coordinating communications, clarification and review cycle between EPC / FEED Contractor and Licensors.
5. Coordinating and supervising the review and approval of EPC / FEED Contractor key engineering documents for
compliance with Licensor’s PDP requirements, operability, maintainability, HSSEQ, and industry best practices.
6. Ensuring that the Engineering review and approval is performed on a timely basis in accordance with the agreed
schedules and within the approval cycle times set out in the EPC / FEED Contract.
7. Ensure prompt distribution of EPC / FEED Contractor Engineering documents submitted for review and approval
and exercise strict control of approval cycle times so that the documents are returned to the EPC / FEED
Contractor with or without approval, as the case may be, within the prescribed time limits.
8. Reviewing the Engineering execution work plan that clearly defines the engineering deliverables consistent with
the technical scope of the EPC / FEED Contract.
9. Reviewing of the Project Engineering organization, its responsibilities, its interfaces, and all necessary
10. Ensuring that the engineering process produces quality deliverables on a timely basis, consistent with the scope.
11. Independent verification and validation prior to the use of computer programs in the design process.
12. Participating in the design review and analysis consistent with requirements, including consideration of
constructability, testability, operability, and maintainability, system interactions; environmental considerations;
personnel safety and fire protection; and proper selection of materials.
13. Ensuring the orderly technical review coordination, and processing of vendor documents.
14. Ensuring that contractually required work on environmental impact studies is performed and ensuring that the
design complies with all environmental requirements.
15. Securing approval from the Owner for the Engineering design in accordance with the EPC / FEED Contract
16. Ensuring incorporating, where applicable, the field-requested and/or –initiated changes to Engineering
17. Conducting periodic reviews with EPC / FEED Contractor to assess the effectiveness of the design work systems
18. Ensuring that the quantity takeoffs in support of estimating and for engineered bulk material.
procurement/construction planning and monitoring of the design are consistent with the original scope and
19. Monitoring the Engineering support to the site to facilitate coordination during construction, commissioning,
20. Ensuring that during the course of the design, signed documentation and records of all Engineering deliverables
are maintained, and archived for easy access by the Project and later by the Owner.
21. Reviewing programs that continually analyze the design control process and the quality of the design output
22. Reviewing programs that use feedback on design output.
23. Reviewing the trends and associated potential scope changes and trends in a timely and documented manner
and communicating them to the PMC Project Manager and PMC Project Controls Manager.
24. Conducting regular formal and inform technical meetings with the Owner to make sure that the Engineering
execution of the EPC / FEED Contract is consistent with QA/QC requirements and conforms to the EPC / FEED
25. Participating in HAZOPS and HAZID and all other Studies with the Owner and EPC / FEED Contractor.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.