An exciting opportunity has opened for an experienced Grid Connection Manager to join our client who are based in Brisbane and are a renewable energy business. This role will include responsibility for attending to grid connection, presales, project execution and service for renewable projects.
• Ensure grid stability/impact studies and load flow calculation are accurately reported
• Demonstrate clear communication and innovative thinking in client meetings with grid engineering expertise
• Provide quality PSSE and/or DigSilent and/or PSCAD modelling and studies
• Communicate with local utilities about system performance, compliance and modelling standards
• Exhibit strong negotiation skills when liaising with relevant stakeholders about grid compliance.
• Create accurate documentation for customers
• Assist sales department with technical support in the negotiation of new projects
• Solve technical issues that have been established from interpretation of national and international standards
• Have completed a Bachelors/Masters or PhD degree in electrical engineering or a similar field.
• Has a strong background of specific Solar and/or wind renewable energy systems
• The ideal candidate will have 5+ years hands on grid connection modeling experience
• Has a solid understanding of R0, R1 and R2 submissions and specific grid connection studies.
• Well versed with the following modelling software – PSSE and/or PSCAD, and/or DigSilent
• Clear understanding of the grid integration of renewable generation to grid operators
• Solid understanding of the national electricity rules and the relevant AEMO standards
• An understanding of SCADA would be sought after, however, not required.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and able to build rapport easily. Furthermore, they will possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills. A positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team and as an individual are a must. It is essential that you attend to specific stakeholders’ technical requirements and provide solutions in an efficient manner.
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.