Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Engineering Division Manager to work for Multi-Billion LNG expansion project specifically for CO2 Sequestration Project. This is a contract and residential role to be based initially in Qatar with possible relocation to EPC Site Office.
Manage the MP/ Engineering activities for CO2 Sequestration Project and ensure all elements of engineering requirements are achieved & available in terms of requirements, specification, best practices, resources and responsible to provide functional guidance to Project Management Team.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Provide leadership and guidance to Project Management Team (PMT) to ensure alignment on project engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
- Manage FEED/EPC by working with the PMT and the right SMEs to properly define the scope, ensuring alignment with stakeholders and to also identify the right contractors for performing such studies including identification of necessary resources to manage approvals.
- Assess engineering contractor capability with respect to compliance with Company policies for prevention of information brokering, business standards guidelines, engineering and design procedures, processes, and deliverables, staffing plans, ensuring PMT or other technical support is available to address gaps.
- Provide functional support to PMTs in all engineering matters including deployment of best practices and guidelines that would assist PMTs in avoiding scope creep and meet the engineering quality standards.
- Ensure technical alignment with Compamy Operations, SHEQ, Engineering & Projects (E&P) and other pertinent department within corporate QG taking initiative and resolving technical issues that may arise due to Operations requirements.
- Ensure capturing lessons learned and best practices knowledge are communicated with the PMTs.
- Lead and participate in key technical reviews such as VIP, IPR, CER to ensure engineering activities are well optimised to achieve intended value.
- Lead teams in the development of new solutions and strive to improve efficiency and sustainability of design.
Bachelors’ degree in Engineering.
Knowledge and/or Experience:
- 12 years’ experience within the Oil & Gas industry, of which 5 years’ operating at a senior project engineering management level with overall responsibility for engineering execution.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of engineering design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria.
- Broad knowledge of onshore facilities design, construction, and operations, with an in-depth knowledge of one or more of the following engineering areas: Process, material & corrosion, piping or mechanical engineering. CO2 Sequestration Project experience is an added advantage.
- Broad knowledge of engineering administration.
Technical and Business Skills:
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational, planning and interface skills.
- Strong leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus notes etc.