Our client a major Oil and Gas company is seeking an Engine Room Supervisor to work offshore in Brazil for a 1-2 years contract.
Pre-hire Qualifications and Experience:
STCW Reg.III/2 Chief Engineer Unlimited Certificate (Steam and Motor endorsement preferred), (DCE for Petroleum/Gas as appropriate)
Experience as Chief Engineer on VLCC preferred and at least 2 yrs as 1st Engineer.
Experience and knowledge of hydrocarbon processing and utility systems desirable.
Computer literate in Management System systems.
Experience in Permit to Work Systems.
Medically fit to offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
Additional Good Communications Skill in English
Units Of Competence
1. Prepare Engine Room Systems for start-up.
2. Start and Monitor Engine Room Systems
3. Prepare and Shutdown Engine Room Systems.
4. Isolate and reinstate Engine Room Systems
5. Contribute to control of critical situations and respond to emergencies
6. Manage and Supervise Effectively
7. Monitor And Maintain Pollution Control Measures
8. Carry out emergency response role
9. Provide any additional duties as required by the OiM/Unit Spt and /or HOD to maintain safe and efficient running of the Unit.