Airswift (Air Energy Caspian LLP) is currently looking for an expat Energization & Start-up Lead for one of our largest projects in Tengiz, 28 / 28 days rotation. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
Energization & Start-up Lead
• Energization & Start-up Lead will be responsible for managing a team of Electrical Engineers and Coordinators responsible for the final commissioning and energization of the electrical generation and distribution network for the project, this position will be responsible for the coordination of multiple project teams to ensure safe and timely energizations of all main electrical users within project scope.
Job Specification and requirements:
• Interface with electrical area Leads, coordinators and commissioning sub-contractor to align with project energization schedule.
• Liaise with System owners, Operations, Power Operations, Construction, Fabrication and Completions teams on electrical commissioning issues and energization scopes of work
• Manage Systems Completion Electrical Engineer team providing oversight of the prioritized final commissioning and energization activities of project substations, EEO’s (Electrical Equipment Outstations), power generation plants and ASD’s.
• Where required manage and direct specialist commissioning vendors on site.
• Manage and direct commissioning sub-contractor for relevant scope.
• Manage energization documentation such as LUN (Livening Up Notification), Switch Cards, ITP’s (inspection and test plans), safety walkdowns and reviews and verification of completions documentation required for electrical system energization.
• Input and review the systems completion planning for all aspects of electrical energization
• Input to systems completion plans and execution documents
• Input and update to electrical commissioning procedures and work method statements for electrical scope.
• Ensure the electrical generation and distribution system is commissioned in accordance with the Republic of Kazakhstan & Regulatory requirements.
• Attend progress meetings as required with engineering, fabrication, MEIC, operations and power operations.
• Review/agree on vendor testing requirements.
• Review current vendor drawings and commissioning documentations
• Actively participate in all required HAZOPs, risk reviews, certification walkdowns and all activities required to ensure safe and successful completion of commissioning and energization activities as well as relevant handover to operations.
Key skills, Education and Experience:
• Qualified to Degree (Bachelor)
• Knowledge and experience in design, commissioning, and start-up of electrical systems.
• Good communicator – be able to effectively communicate at all levels with multi-disciplined teams is essential
• English - Fluent
• 15 years relevant Oil and Gas industry experience
• Very strong experience commissioning HV / LV switchgear, transformers, UPS systems, variable speed drives, standby diesel generators, power generation plants, electric heat tracing and cathodic (impressed current) protection
• In-depth knowledge of electrical testing and procedures for primary and secondary equipment such as protection relays, circuit breakers, disconnectors, current and voltage transformers. (Experience with SEL devices a plus)
• Knowledge and understanding of Incident and Injury Free (IIF) operations including application of these principles in an operating plant or commissioning and start-up environment.
• Operational experience in the use of Process Safety safeguards. Demonstrated performance of proactively addressing safety and potential process safety issues.
• In-depth knowledge of electrical testing and procedures for primary and secondary equipment such as protection relays, circuit breakers, disconnectors, current and voltage transformers
• Ability to work independently and multi-task.
• Excellent troubleshooting capabilities
Our client is seeking a Cost Analyst to join their team on a 6-months contract assignment, working in Midland, TX. Located in Midland, Texas, the Cost Analyst will support the Delaware Basin capita...
Web Enablement / Analytics Advisor
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients in the Oil & Gas Industry to seek a Web Enablement / Analytics Advisor to work in their facilities located in Spring, Texas for a 1-year assignm...
Planner & Scheduler
As part of the Digital Core deployment team the planner and scheduler will support the rollout of planning and scheduling for the deployment in the Canadian Business unit. This position will prepar...