Airswift is seeking an Electrical- Mechanical Technician to work for our client in San Antonio, TX for a temp to hire position.
Major Inspection company is looking for an Electro-Mechanical Technician to join our Nuclear Services team at our San Antonio, TX location. The Electro-Mechanical Technician is responsible for the maintenance and repair of electronic equipment and automated systems.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Performs routine diagnostics tests on equipment and automated systems, identifying any electrical problems and making necessary repairs
- Assists in monitoring the electronic equipment inventory, helping to identify obsolete equipment
- Assists in creating and monitoring equipment shipment schedules, preparing the electronic shop for inbound equipment
- Performs electrical pre-maintenance work on outbound equipment, troubleshooting and repairing defective equipment and ordering new parts, as necessary
- Regularly inspects and calibrates equipment based on the manufacturer’s recommendations and government or industry standards
- Executes procedural check-out of equipment post-repair, and prepares equipment for field examinations
- Operates electronic equipment and automated systems, receives/analyzes data, and creates reports, as necessary
- Ensures all equipment is in accordance with industry safety standards by reviewing state and federal laws and regulations and bureau policies for impact on automated systems
- Two-year technical degree, apprenticeship, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with CMMS preferred
- US Citizenship
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Windows Servers, Unix/Linux Systems, and VPN
- Ability to understand and maintain project schedules
- Good verbal communication skills
- Able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, datasheets, and written work instructions
- Experience using electronic test equipment
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally when necessary (up to 60%)
- Ability to satisfy all Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) security requirements to obtain unescorted access to U.S. nuclear power plants
- Must be able to work varying hours and varying days of the week.
- Must be able to work in varying working environments ranging from an indoor office / laboratory environment to an outdoor oil field to power plant to other industrial facilities.
- The position may occasionally be exposed to acetone, solvents, grease, cutting fluids, fumes, airborne particles, and toxic and / or caustic chemicals.
- May be exposed to ionizing radiation.
- Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and / or push up to 50 lbs.
- Must meet vision requirements for the job, including near vision, color vision, and depth perception.