Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek an Electrician to work in their facilities located in Atlanta, GA on a 4+ months contract.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Adheres to all site standards for safety, quality, housekeeping, and security.
- Implements standard trade practices and procedures consistent with the National Electrical Code (NEC) while performing repairs and maintenance of a specialized nature on industrial equipment under the limited supervision of the Electrical Superintendent.
- Operates standard electrical testing equipment including voltage tester, multi-meter, megger, Infra-Red Thermography instrument and circuit tracer.
- Must have experience installing, performing preventive maintenance and repairs on secondary distribution systems i.e., panels, electrical switchgears, switchboards, emergency generators, buss duct, standard and emergency lighting systems, and be able to install electrical conduit.
- Properly document all work orders in a timely manner. This includes detailed notes of tasks performed with accurate work hours recorded into our client’s CMMS.
Previous education & experience required:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
- Georgia State Journeyman’s license preferred
- 3+ years’ experience required as an electrician working with power up to 6000
- Ability to work closely with electrical, HVAC, and other skilled trades to resolve challenging issues that may arise in an aging facility.
- In-depth knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair complex electrical circuits, lighting, motor controls and to reset ground faults.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at heights up to 140 feet.
- Electrician must be familiar with installing electrical conduit (EMT/ rigid), emergency generators operations and its maintenance, automatic transfer switches (ATS), Electrical panel and circuit breaker installation, performing preventive maintenance (PMs) using infrared (IR) scan with an IR camera.