Our Client an International Oil and Gas Operator are looking for an Electrical Specialist to be based in their offices in Paris, France. The position is being offered with a long term contract and negotiable daily rate or monthly salary.
Mission within the HSE department (FHOS/REE)
To make a diagnosis of the existing situation in terms of safety of electrical work.
- Evaluate the professionalism of the teams
- Some site visits to discover, evaluate, raise awareness
- Support for the analysis of events of electrical origin Review and define the rules and safety procedures for electrical work (VAT, consignment, etc.).
- Development of a culture on electrical risk (in conjunction with the Safety Culture department) Communicate and present the rules that will be defined and train company or subcontractor teams.
- Presentation in site/branch steering committee and HSE Codir
- Building a training offer and implementing it Some site visits for audits or training, presentation of the rules and training/awareness raising. 3 phases:
- 3 months of discovery and getting to know the existing situation,
- 6 to 9 months to develop and write requirements and guides & manuals
- 9 months to 1 year of deployment
TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
Define for the Group the minimum safety requirements for the area of electrical risks. Leads the networks of specialists in order to :
- Gather good internal practices and compare them with benchmarks and professional references through exchanges with the best specialists in the sector.
- Establish and write standards, guides and manuals for the Group to apply.
- To provide on-site technical assistance through the network of specialists and correspondents and, if necessary, to mobilize on site for missions with high added value.
- To develop internal rules and know-how guides accordingly.
- To develop the Group's safety practices and requirements towards methods and tools that present the least risk.
- To develop, in liaison with companies and professional organisations, training and, if necessary, certification for operational entities to improve the control of these activities.
- Participate in the analysis of high-potential events and major accidents in their fields and ensure the sharing of internal and external feedback and their integration in know-how manuals.
- Improve interface management and relations with external companies
- Reinforce the process for managing service contracts (qualification, selection, pre-mobilization, mobilization and contract execution and evaluation) in the electrical field
- Develop standard methods and grids for anticipating and mapping the HSE performance of the TGs of these professions.
- To share best practices from an HSE point of view with internal clients, HSE and purchasing managers for inclusion in the frames of calls for tenders and service contracts.
- Develop a knowledge of the external companies in charge of these works in order to assist the operational entities in the choice and supervision of these works.
- Organize and lead thematic forums for exchanges with the TGs, the referents of the operational entities and the specialists of the industrial divisions of the branches.