Our client, a major Cement Company is seeking an Electrical Manager to work in Senegal for a permanent position.
To provide critical support to the section in ensuring that the production equipment are in perfect working condition and are available for use, at optimal cost of reliability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and monitor implementation of preventive and predictive maintenance in conjunction with relevant Section Heads.
- Ensure electrical maintenance activities are performed in a safe, professional manner, in accordance with industry standards, environmental restrictions, original equipment manufacturers’ recommendations and DCP Standard Operating Procedures.
- Oversee technical staffs in the performance of their duties and provide expertise as required.
- Enforce accident prevention and occupational health work procedures and regulations.
- Proffer solutions to solve electrical problems to ensure optimization of equipment reliability.
- Ensure safekeeping of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Ensure compliance of all electrical equipment in accordance with DCP/local safety regulations.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head, Electrical Maintenance.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of eighteen (18) years of post-qualification experience; five (5) of which must have been spent doing related work
Skills and Behaviours
- Good knowledge of cement products and cement manufacturing processes
- Expert knowledge of maintenance management methods, of predictive inspection tools and of CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System),
- Extensive knowledge electrical engineering and industrial automation,
- Good knowledge of safety legislation and rules
- Good knowledge of ISO 9000 standards and TPM
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organizational Awareness
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Innovation & Creativity