Our major client in Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Field Electrician (Night Shift) to work within their facilities located in Carlsbad, NM for a 1+ Year assignment.
Support field electrical maintenance work and electrical isolation (Lock out Tag out: Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO)) for lighting, air condition and motor maintenance. Plan and execute scheduled preventive and breakdown maintenance activities to minimize impact on production and maximize operational availability. Typically reports to a supervisor.
- In addition to the Level 1 tasks and responsibilities, a Level 2: Perform LV & HV Electrical Isolations and lock-offs.
- Carry out all activities to company standards and procedures.
- Raise relevant permits within the agreed time period - Report relevant maintenance data for reliability analysis.
- Participate in failure investigations and identify reliability issues.
- Generate new work requests to highlight plant and equipment faults.
- Develop and review operational and maintenance procedures.
- Provide input and assistance for new projects including commissioning work.
- 10+ years" of closely related field experience preferably in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Discipline appropriate certification(s) if applicable or equivalent professional experience.
- Effective communication skills: ability to clearly and concisely describe conditions in the field and recommend remediation steps.
- Team Player: exhibits effective teamwork when working with persons over whom the person may have no direct authority and willingness to assist others Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Rotating equipment
- Control Units experience
- Knowledge of Power Distribution Systems, Mcc’s, Networked VFD’s, Motor Controls through Plc’s.
- Able to read Electrical drawings.
- Rockwell, Allen Bradley, Plc Control Logix experience.
- 3-phase separation experience.
Nice to Have:
- New Mexico Electrical Journeyman’s License a plus.
Work Schedule: 14 days on / 14 days off (7 PM – 7 AM)