Our major client, in the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking an Electrical Maintenance Technician I to work within their facilities located in Coyanosa and Mentone, TX for a 12-month assignment.
Support field electrical maintenance work and electrical isolation (Lock out Tag out: Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO)) for lighting, air condition and motor maintenance. Plan and execute scheduled preventive and breakdown maintenance activities to minimize impact on production and maximize operational availability. Typically reports to a supervisor.
- Verify and issue electrical work permit to contractors for lighting, air condition and motor maintenance
- Supervise contractors to work safely. Immediately intervene on unsafe acts
- Participate for Job Safety Analysis (JSA) review with contractors
- Start work as scheduled. Resolve issue and immediately notify First Line Supervisor (FLS) if issues remain unresolved
- Closely monitor contractors" quality to follow Maintenance Procedure & Practice (MPP) and prevent rework
- Provide daily progress update to FLS and planner
- Get FLS"s approval prior to proceeding any changes
- Verify and accept job done by contractors
- 5-10 years" of closely related field experience
- Valid Texas Journeyman License required.
- Discipline appropriate certification(s) if applicable or equivalent professional experience
- Effective communication skills: ability to clearly and concisely describe conditions in the field and recommend remediation steps
- Team Player: exhibits effective teamwork when working with persons over whom the person may have no direct authority and willingness to assist others
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Proficient in English, Spanish is a plus