Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients in Oil & Gas Industry to seek an I&E Inspector to work in their facilities located in Carlsbad, NM on a 6 months assignment possible to extension.
The I&E Inspector independently performs inspection activities for all I&E field equipment during installation and commissioning. The Inspector must be competent in understanding electrical codes, and industry practices for low, medium and high voltage components.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Executes the specific inspections on materials, equipment and construction/installation activities on site.
- Issues the relevant Quality Records and, when necessary, writes and sends to QC Supervisor non-conformances reports.
- Will divide the time between QA/QC
- Checks cable laying and cable identification.
- Performs all relevant loop checks.
- Updates as built drawings.
- Performs punch-listing operations.
- Checks power transformers, switchboard, accumulator battery, sockets outlet, lighting system.
- Performs visual inspections, dimensional test, checks rating and material for connection.
- Performs tests of continuity, insulation resistance.
- Checks pneumatic signal connection.
- Checks fiber optic cable.
- could be doing commissioning activity
Previous education & experience required:
- 15 years of experience
- Electrical Commissioning/Start-up/ QA background is a plus
- Heavy more son on E than I - familiar with instrumentation on the new construction sites
- Licensed Electricians are a plus
- Could be needing Electrical Tech down the line
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a major Oil & Gas company please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.