Our major client, in the downstream sector, is seeking an Electrical Inspector to work within their facilities located in Martinez, CA for a 12-months assignment.
The Electrical Equipment Inspector provides technical and maintenance support to operations, maintenance, turnaround, projects, and engineering for refinery equipment. The Electrical Equipment Inspector will work to improve equipment reliability and reduce maintenance cost via investigation of failures, determination of root causes and completion of corrective actions. Electrical equipment includes MCCs, substations, motors, switch gear, electrical testing, overcurrent protection, grounding, wiring methods, power distribution, Universal Power Systems, battery systems, generators, and Motor Operated Valves.
Job Responsibilities May Include:
- First point of contact for Operations & crafts when technical questions or issues with electrical equipment arise.
- Troubleshoot electrical equipment problems to understand probable cause of failure and notify operating team of actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Perform routine Equipment Surveillance rounds to identify issues
- Provide technical support on repairs including interfacing with vendors and visiting outside shops
- Review monthly reliability data to identify issues and work with Engineer to recommend changes.
- Assist in maintaining documentation including equipment history, Bad Actor lists, and Overhaul Reports
- Provide operators and crafts with training on basic equipment knowledge to help better understand equipment operation.
- High school diploma or GED
- Journeyman Electrician level of experience
- 3 years of industrial Electrical equipment experience
- Familiarity with National Electrical Code, NFPA-70E (electrical safety in the workplace) and other electrical repair standards
- Must have active TWIC card
- 1 year of Electrical inspection experience in a refinery or similar industry
- Experience with performance testing on various types of Electrical equipment
- Experience with SAP software
Position Specific Requirements:
- During occasional high maintenance events (TA, Project Execution, Overhauls) successful candidate may be required to work altered schedule over an extend period
- Participate in department duty rotation program to provide off-hours technical support