Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek an Electrical Engineer to work within their facilities located in Evendale, OH for a 12-months contract.
Electrical safety engineering support and expertise needed to improve electrical safety program compliance with OSHA regulations, NFPA, and GEs Electrical Safety requirements.
- Evaluate and develop gap reports for site electrical hazard areas.
- Develop isolation procedures and safety risk assessments and improve the processes for their development for new/moved equipment.
- Organize and maintain electrical safety drawings, live-work permits, etc.
- Review and update the electrical site safety program on a yearly basis or if changes in the process.
- Available to investigate and address employee and management electrical safety concerns.
- Follow improvement action items through completion and document those improvements.
- Enter deficiencies into the Gensuite concern system and close them out when completed.
- Work with the area (management and hourly employees) to make sure that they understand and are following electrical safety requirements and ensure robust program improvement implementation.
- The contractor will be held accountable for performance metrics (e.g., # of isolation procedures generated, # of audits, and follow-up of findings).
- Knowledge of electrical safety, consensus standards, OSHA electrical safety requirements.
- Equipment expertise of up to 138,000V.
- Must be current with NFPA 70E and have extensive experience with Lockout/Tagout too.
- Process management experience.
- Understanding arc flash reports.
- Ability to write LOTO procedures, isolation procedures, and risk assessments.
- Experience performing electrical safety audits.
- Ability to independently determine electrical safety improvements needed to address concerns or program needs.
- Ability to coordinate/facilitate audits, document findings, and assist with closures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- A minimum of 10 years of electrical experience. Experience with facility operations is a plus.