One of our major clients, an engineering company, is looking for three Electrical Engineering Professional Associate to work on a 12-months contract in Portland, OR.
The professional will oversee less experienced personnel and will be accountable for all aspects of less complex engineering and analysis.
- Actively cooperate with all members of projects & departments, and key clients when possible
- Look for ways to reduce project cost and schedule and for ways to improve our work processes
- Gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget and schedule for assigned tasks
- Recognize and communicate scope and design changes promptly
- Provide on-site assistance during startup
- Coordinate work activities with other staff members, the discipline lead, draftsperson or other subordinate.
- Size power distribution systems including transformers, substations, switchgear, generators & ATS, distribution and branch panels
- Produce installation details, motor control center single lines, electric room layouts, motor control elementariness, connection diagrams, cable schedules, control panel layouts and grounding, lighting, power and instrumentation plans under minimal supervision
- 480VAC equipment specifications
- Able to perform voltage drop calculations, route conduit and cable tray, calculate tray fill, and determine facility & motor control center loading.
- BSEE or MSEE
- P.E. Registration (Preferred but not required)
- 5 years of relevant experience in electrical engineering
- Knowledge and application of the current version of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Knowledge and application of other relevant codes and standards such as the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) and others.
- Revit and 2D AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, and Access
- Power modeling software (EasyPower, SKM, ETAP)
- Familiarity with a third-party lighting design software package
NOTE: Able to travel and hold a valid US driver license