Start date : Asap
Location : Paris Area (Suresnes)
Airswift has been tasked by one of our EPC Oil&Gas clients to search for an Electrical Senior Engineer
Job Capsule =Senior/Principal EIC Engineer – Electrical
Group= GPC – Engineering Department
Department = Design & Analysis – EIC Discipline (Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls)
The EIC Engineer – Electrical will be based in Suresnes and mainly allocated in tenders, FEED and EPCI projects interacting with client, partners and suppliers, however he/she may be requested to support in other scopes within the team responsibilities. Its mission will be to provide expertise by understanding client needs and select/design the fit for purpose solution and support technically its delivery. Short term trips to attend meetings, site and offshore work may be required.
Systems where a further knowledge is required:
- Single and 3-phase Distribution Systems and Switchgear
- Experience with power distribution calculation using ETAP software.
- Protection Relays settings configuration.
- Protection and Isolation Procedures
- Programmable Logic Controllers and its components like I/Os and communication modules
- Safety area equipment requirements.
- SIL requirements
- SCADA Systems (or similar Distributed Control Systems) – desirable
- ROV interfaces – desirable
Generic Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice.
- Understand clients’ needs; identify and address design parameters and problems; develop and implement solutions.
- Independently evaluate, organize and prioritize work for self and others.
- Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to DO, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Sign and issue technical documentation as originator or checker, accepting personal responsibility for its adequacy.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
- Recognise and accept HSE Roles & Responsibilities as per Subsea7 HSE Role and Responsibility matrix.
- Live and spread Subsea 7 values in the day by day.
- Ability to lead and function within a design team and across multiple projects.
- Good communication skills and collaborative behavior
- Encouraging production of new ideas
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplined engineering team
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
- Manage change control within own remit on a project. Inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Ability in Vendor and 3rd Party management (Technically)
- Willing for traveling
Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plan, detail and review technical documentation relating to topside and subsea electrical systems and subsea power distribution.
- Undertake, and check others’, analysis, design and engineering activities associated with DC, Single and 3-phase Distribution Systems including Switchgear, Electrical Cables, Transformers, Converters, Inverters, Protection Systems, Subsea Cables, etc
- Perform and review electrical analysis: load flow and fault analysis
- Define electrical system architecture and protection philosophy
- Create scope of work and specification for design, fabrication, testing and installation of electrical and protection system at component level.
- Manage provision of deliverables such as calculations/definition for umbilical core design (electrical), determination of interfaces between topside and subsea production control system, subsea medium voltage power distribution, etc.
- Ensure design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API, DnV, ISO, IEC); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
- Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed design reports, construction drawings, design specifications, material take-offs, circuit diagrams, PIDs, installation, operation and maintenance manual; etc.
- Liaise with associated subsea related disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project
- Provide engineering assistance during mobilisations and occasional periods of offshore or site working, including FATs, SITs, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning.
- Provide technical engineering support to other departments within the Central Engineering Group, the Project Engineering Group, and to colleagues.
- Participate as required in events such as Bid Clarifications, Kick off meetings, HIRAs, FMCA, Design Reviews, etc.