Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Upstream clients to seek an Electrical Engineer to work in Houston, TX for a 12-month contract position with the possibility of extension.
- Provide expert advice and assistance to design, construction, and maintenance engineers and operating personnel on all matters pertaining to their field of experience.
- Act as the Company representative in dealings with vendors and manufacturers pertaining to their field of experience.
- Review existing operations within a particular area of expertise to determine potential problems and remedies to existing problems.
- Undertake studies and investigations to resolve problems outside the scope of available published literature.
- Plan, schedule, and provide work direction when required for the preparation of studies, designs, processes, reports, correspondence, and related data and assure the efficiency, adequacy, and conformance to overall objectives of all phases of complex engineering problems.
- Formulate the basis for the resolution of problems in any of several basic or special engineering disciplines by analyzing and evaluating all pertinent data for scope, effect on existing installations, economic impact, and other applicable considerations.
- Initiate detailed work outline and makes decisions as to basic approaches, processes, or equipment; perform work for final development of specialized or technical proposals and proposed projects.
- Bring all elements of a project together, makes certain that all elements proceed satisfactorily on schedule, and initiate corrective action as required.
- Discuss, coordinate and resolve problems with personnel throughout Company and affiliates, and with outside company organizations.
- Conduct seminars on the resolution of technical problems with personnel in Project Management, Construction, Operations, and Mechanical Services Organizations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or other closely related sciences discipline, plus extensive post-graduate participation in technical seminars, extension courses, and/or industrial research; preferably M.S. or higher professional engineering degree; incumbent will normally have achieved industry recognition through activities on committees of professional societies and industry organizations such as ASME, ASTM, API, AIChE, or others
- Twelve (12) years of applicable experience, including at least five (5) years as an engineer in responsible charge of technical work in their main field.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of engineering practices including scientific and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, codes, standards, and specifications.
- Have experience in Offshore projects.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Electrical International codes.
- Must be able to use the ETAP software for Electrical load calculations and distribution network, prepare Relay Setting study/implementation.
- Must have expertise in FAT/SAT testing of Electrical Equipment such as Switch gears, transformers, and VFDs.
- Must have hands-on experience in Splicing, termination, Holiday testing, Megger testing, and preparation of Energization packages including Electrical system integration/Energization.