Location: Sunbury, London, UK
Contract type: This is a contract role, with day rate based on experience
Start date: ASAP
Contract duration: 12 months renewable
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Key Words: electrical engineering, EV charging, LV, low voltage, HV, high voltage
Our purpose is reimagining energy for people and our planet. We want to help the world reach net zero and improve people’s lives. With operations in Europe, North and South America, Australasia, Asia and Africa, we deliver energy solutions across the world.
We joined forces with our partners to expand ultra-fast electric vehicle charging across Europe. We have a plan to develop ultra-fast EV charging network at our retail sites and integrate our network into our partner vehicles.
This project will give EV drivers greater confidence in being able to access nearby, reliable, quality charging options. We estimate approximately 90% of people in the UK and Germany live within a 20-minute drive of our site.
You will play a key role in delivering the EV charge points in Europe, particularly the Netherlands. Your main responsibility is to support the Global Engineering Development manager and the Engineering Team Leader(s) in creating a standard design model that can be deployed and quality detailed design products for the installation of the chosen solutions.
- Support all teams during site appraisal, network planning, procurement, installation, construction and commissioning/go-live
- Support the risk management process across each region
- Support key engineering management process to maintain the roll out in an efficient and safe manner
- Maintain a close working relationship with regional deployment teams and ensure they are successful with delivering their regional targets
- Support the identification of key EVSE technology solutions, for the optimum delivery of projects in accordance with our Ethics & Compliance rules
- Anticipate on future standards and technology to optimize time and materials substance of any projects
- Keep the continuous improvement of technical practices and processes
- Contribute to the success of any project within budget
- Preparing and presenting information for internal meetings, when required
- Liaising with external contractors in a timely manner responding to requests and queries
- Maintaining quality feedback loops to continuously improve product accuracy, quality, and communication on all levels to ensure complete information loops from the shop floor to management
- High voltage knowledge
- Low voltage solid experience
- Transformers / substations experience
- 5-10 years’ experience in large scale engineering projects
- Electrical engineering graduation
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- An understanding of Microgrid and Smart Grid concept and general design
You are outstanding if
- You have positive personality, with energetic leadership style and strong resilience
- A good balance of structured/holistic thinking with fast moving and pragmatic execution
- Passionate about continuous improvement, process efficiency and people empowerment
- Develop a structured process to increase efficiency in delivery of the above objectives
- Display a “can do” attitude
- Ability to analyse data to recognise trends and implement development plans
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain compelling relationships
- Proven ability to interact with multiple functions within an organisation to delivery goals, and more broadly, with the functions in the group that are working in the space of project delivery, asset management and procurement
- Proven track record of performing in high-intensity environments, operating within tight financial resources, and meeting challenging deadlines
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift.