Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek for Electrical Engineer to work within their facilities located in Singapore for 6- months contract.
- Understands the specific technical requirements of the assigned project (may include Construction, Commissioning and Offshore assignment) and Industry Standard, Classification Society and Regulatory requirements.
- Plans and directs the running of application software such as ETAP and reviews and approves the datasheets deliverables prepared by Engineers.
- Support the team to develop engineering specifications (drawings, data sheets, etc) specific to the assigned project, reviews them and validates with the Project Manager and client before incorporating them in the RFQs.
- Independently evaluates all the bids received for Electrical packages from various suppliers, performs a technical bid evaluation process, involves in cost estimation, ensures selected vendors meet technical/engineering and delivery requirements as stipulated in the project specifications and gives assessment to the Buyer who will follow up in the tender evaluation, price negotiation and award process.
- Reviews/checks draft drawings and documents from team members and ensures the timely provision of accurate documents and specifications to the successful vendors to enable the latter to execute their work and deliverables.
- Independently manages/develops solutions to technical/engineering and related problems by analyzing the issues/data, interpreting the analysis and evaluating various options/measures using experience, precedents and professional references.
- Reports any deviation from company standard specification and practices, concept change to Department manager and seek his approval on the solution.
- Visits suppliers, checks and tests Electrical items to ensure that they function as per specifications. Where necessary, works with the concerned suppliers/contractors to rectify the issues and ensures that they comply with the specifications and are ready on time.
- Participates in meetings, reviews progress and addresses interface/implementation/execution issues, escalates where necessary to ensure that the project proceeds timely and smoothly.
- Independently evaluate the Electrical requirement for mechanical packages in Marine & Topside, contributes to technical bid evaluation process, ensures selected vendors meet technical/engineering and delivery requirements as stipulated in the project specifications
- Plans and organizes resources and schedule.
- Provides technical/engineering support and advice to Construction/Commissioning work at site, trouble shoots and follows up to rectify the gaps or problems. Where necessary, provides off-site support and advice.
- Responsible for capturing lessons learned in his/her functional area, entering in MIMS, closing out project related MIMS actions by the close out date.
- Bachelor’s in electrical engineering (Power System preferred).
- Minimum 8 years of relevant working experience in Electrical engineering (Power Distribution System) in oil and gas sector. Familiarity with FPSO/FSO and market practices in the oil and gas sector is added advantage.
- Experience in E-House related modules/packages work for offshore project is added advantage.
- Willing to be based overseas for project assignments to engineering contractor’s office, fabrication yard and project site.
- Having good level of English proficiency.
- This position is open to local Singaporean or PR status.