Our client seeks an Electrical Designer to work for their client in Kwinana.
Job Specific Knowledge / Experience
- 5+ years’ experience design experience
- Electrical design and drafting experience in the Refinery/Mining Industry, or similar (essential). Instrumentation design knowledge is desirable but not essential.
- Oil and Gas experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in Brownfield electrical systems modifications (LV/MV/HV) (essential)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. (essential)
- You have a “hit the ground running” attitude (essential)
- Good understanding of Australian electrical standards (essential)
- Pro-active with excellent attention to detail (essential)
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment (essential)
- Able to work on multiple projects of various sizes and complexity (essential)
- Able to work effectively in a small multi-disciplinary team located on site (essential)
- The ability to work independently, establish and maintain good working relationships
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet it’s client’s needs.
- Demonstrate initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- You will have completed either Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology-Electrical or an Electrical Tradesperson who has completed the Drafting & Estimates course (essential)
- Electrical Trade background and Electrical license highly desirable.
- Assume hands-on management and implementation of all relevant One-Way systems
- Assure compliance of all HSE systems, processes and procedures through the training, competence and performance of all personnel
- Achieve the objectives of the Zero-Harm vision through proactively implementing actions and/or corrective or mitigating actions, and by maintaining an overall knowledge and awareness of the work-place environment (operations, layout, hazards, risks, concurrent activities, personnel, etc.)
- Role-model a commitment to personal well-being and a pro-active approach to continuously improving health, safety and environmental performance
- High proficiency in AutoCAD systems
- Reasonable skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word