Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients in the Engineering Industry to seek a Electrical Design Technician to work in their facilities located in Phoenix, AZ for a 1-year contract.
- Proficient in Revit and 2D AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Familiarity with a third-party lighting design software package
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Code
- Familiarity with relevant codes and standards such as the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), National Electrical Safety Code (NESC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), etc.
- Familiarity with electrical construction materials, components, and practices
- Familiarity with and application of engineering design and CADD drafting standards
- Able to perform zonal cavity and point-to-point lighting level calculations
- Able to size wire, conduit and overcurrent protection for both lighting and power applications
- Able to perform voltage drop calculations
- Able to route conduit and cable tray
- Able to calculate tray fill
- Able to determine distribution, branch panel, and motor control center loading
You will be accountable for preparing engineering drawings from sketches or engineering information, budget, schedule and quality of assigned elementary drafting tasks. Your duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget and schedule for assigned tasks
- Recognize and communicate scope and design changes promptly