Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil & Gas clients to seek an Earthworks/Geotechnical Engineer to work in Sabine Pass, TX for a 2-years contract position.
Houston / Construction Site - Sabine Pass, TX - approximate time split (20%/80%)
The Earthworks / Geotechnical Engineer is responsible for providing engineering coordination and expertise to the project engineering team during the Detailed Design and Execution phases to ensure the design and installation meet the project’s safety, quality, and operability requirements. The role requires significant coordination with both the EPC Contractor and the CSC, consistent with the established Functional Engagement Plan. The position may serve as the lead Company engineering representative at the site when the Area Lead Brownfield is not present. The candidate needs to be a forward-looking professional, able to advise and assist contractors during design and execution.
- Develops, implements, and stewards compliance to the Engineering Surveillance Plans, ensuring that the defined level of deliverable review and associated reporting requirements are met.
- Participates in Engineering Design Audits as required.
- Ensures completion and adequacy of the Geotechnical Report and geotechnical design basis.
- Works closely with Early Site Works and Brownfield Superintendent-Construction.
- Provides onsite surveillance and ensures quality control of the site grade raise, levee construction, piling installation, and MOF construction.
- Coordinates review of Marine and Dredging work with CSC as needed.
- Interfaces with contractor QA/QC personnel to address quality issues.
- Interfaces with contractors for field-level design change proposals, e.g., scope, costs, etc.
- Interfaces with Civil / Structural Lead in the Japan Design Office.
- Serves as Company lead site engineer during early stages of execution.
- Serves as the day-to-day interface with the contractor’s site engineering team.
- Point of contact with the E&R Group to ensure compliance with all FERC permits/requirements and code compliance as listed in the Regulatory Compliance Register for Seismic and Earthworks issues.
- Helps develop Early Career Professionals in Earthworks construction-related activities.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria.
- Bachelors or Masters’ Degree in Civil and/or Geotechnical engineering.
- 10+ years of closely related professional experience carrying out detail design activities.
- 10+ years of closely related professional experience carrying out field execution activities.
- Expert level competency with Microsoft Office suite of programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Knowledge of Dredging and Marine Survey Work (e.g. Hydrographic surveys).
- Knowledge of Brownfield work and Work Management Systems.
- MUST have a Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card or be able to obtain it within 30 days upon hire.