Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Social Coordinator to work in their facilities located in Tanzania.
Job Title: Social Coordinator
Contract Duration: 1 year (with possible extension)
Work Location: Tanzania
Work Schedule: Based in Dar es salaam with frequent travel to Uganda and work sites, with a rotation of 6x2 weeks.
Reviewing and assisting on contractors’ social documentation and providing guidance and assistance with the implementation of the documentation. During construction, manage and monitor the construction contractors’ social activities, to ensure compliance with Project regulatory framework.
- Develop the construction social management plans or sections on social management as inputs to construction environmental management plans
- Monitors and inspects contractors’ day to day social activities to ensure all are performed in accordance with all projects applicable permit conditions and mitigation requirements
- Liaises daily with contractor’s site personnel.
- Effectively provides guidance, as required, regarding compliance requirements and corrective actions
- Liaises with the contractors’ social teams to build trusting and effective partnerships to facilitate the engagement and outreach with project affected communities
- Issues non-compliance for the breaches in permit/mitigation requirements
- Liaises with immediate supervisor, highlighting areas of concern, NCRs, incidents, etc
- Assists in the review and close out of rectifications arising from daily inspections, audits or compliance review process
- Act as Company Representative
- To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behavior with regard H3SE and H3SE rules implementation
- To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behavior with regard to ethics and project “code of conduct” policy
- To participate to meetings with partners, authorities and other stakeholders as required
- To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be required by the position.
- Strong public speaking skills
- Knowledge of local communities
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders with tact and courtesy
- Ability to understand and explain all project social requirements and relay relevant information to internal and external stakeholders
- Physical ability to work in the field and conduct inspection in difficult terrain
- Concise report writing on a daily basis
- Previous social experience in the construction industry is essential
- Extensive and proven experience in pipeline and associated facilities Management of Construction
- Staff management experience (knowledge transfer)
- Excellent communications skills
- Advanced written and spoken English
- Ability to use MS Office (word, excel, Outlook, Power point) competently
- Understanding of Time / Distance planning programs
- Competency in written/oral communication
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel as and when required
- High level of safety awareness Desirable
- A strong communication, networking, collaboration, and well-developed team-working skills, especially in multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams.
- A full knowledge of project specific execution strategies, and the ability to develop them to meet challenging project objectives and deliverables.
- An ‘Incident Free’ mind-set, and be a role model for their project team (Direct/Indirect hires)
- A proven HSSE and QA/QC leadership in managing and delivering large complex onshore oil & gas projects.
- A full understanding of how all elements of the project scope integrate and interface with each other and are managed to successfully deliver the right project outcome - from construction, and through to commissioning and handover to operations.
- A high focus on identifying and delivering the identified deliverables, which meet project expectations from a quality and performance perspective, with minimal integration challenges to current operations.
- Excellent teamwork & skills being able to work with the various sub-teams to resolve issues and reach decisions that are in the best interests of the integrated project team.
- An ability to work effectively in a diverse, multidisciplinary team environment, including Interface management experience, within facilities, and across other functions.
- Strong Team Building, Development and Mentoring skills.
If you are interested and think you have the right profile, please apply!
Consultant: Beatriz Camargo