EACOP HSE Methods and Audit Lead to join the EACOP project in Dar es Salaam on a contract role!
- HSE Management System: - Develop and implement the key procedures, processes and working tools/documents required for an effective EACOP HSE Management system.
- Develop the Corporate HSE Audit programme and co-ordinate the implementation of the follow up system
- Leader for the Contractor HSE evaluation and audit process.
- Prepare the required procedures as outlined in the HSE management system development plan, in line with the Integrated Management System (EIMS).
- Support the Head of Health Safety & Methods to establish the processes required for the implementation of the HSE procedures in the Organization
- Develop the Corporate HSE Audit programme, organisation and follow up system
- Provide effective leadership for HSE audit functions, and set a plan for their competency and career development
- Provide effective support for the implementation of incident management including reporting, actions tracking, root cause analysis. Lead Incident Investigations as required for the reported incident.
- Carry out the HSE evaluation of contractors and support Contract Owners to develop and implement effective contractor oversight.
- With support from the H&S Leads, develop an HSE training matrix and delivery model for the Corporate functions
- Carry out any other duties or tasks that may be required by the position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree and/or equivalent formal qualification in a recognized HSE discipline (NEBOSH diploma or higher qualification).
- Lead Auditor with qualification recognized by a certification body (IRCA, CQI etc)
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in Oil & Gas Industry with experience in large scale projects & operations.
- Extensive HSE Management system development expertise.
- Subject Matter Expert for Occupational Health and Safety ;
- Certified Lead Auditor;
- Qualified Lead Incident Investigator;
- Risk Analysis,
- Job Safety Analysis,
- Management of Change,
- Contractor HSE Management.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural business setting and excellent interpersonal and communication skills essential.
- Fluent in English: Speaking and Writing
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Behind the numerous technical, environmental and social challenges faced by the project, objective is for to be developed in a fast track mode with start-up anticipated 39 months after FID
- With operations in two countries, two separate regulatory regimes will need to be addressed in the HSE-MS
- Numerous stakeholders and heavy focus by NGOs create a complex context. Project will need to be developed in accordance with IFC standards and the Equator 4 Principles to secure the necessary financing
- Several risks related to the location including malaria, limited infrastructure, significant transport & road risk, etc.
- Job Location: The position is based at Dar es salaam (Tanzania) with frequent travel to worksites and Uganda offices.
If you believe this is a good opportunity for your experience and goals, please apply or share your CV with me at firstname.lastname@example.org!