Airswift. E&I Technician. Pecos, TX
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek an E&I Tech to join them on a 1 year contract with the possibility to extend or go direct with the company.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Performing diagnostics and repairs regarding all electrical and control aspects of equipment in a chemical manufacturing plant.
- Diagnose process upsets or malfunctions of equipment and then repair, maintain, and replace all parts and equipment as required to return the process to normal operation.
- Improve maintenance techniques and procedures and upgrade equipment independently.
- Maintains, implements changes to, and troubleshoots all site I & E control equipment.
- Tests, troubleshoots, and repairs electronic equipment and electrical circuits as required by using specialized instruments such as multi-meters, clamp-on ammeters, oscilloscopes, and frequency meters, and computers.
- Serves as the site Alarm Management Leader; responsible for the health and maintenance of the Safety Interlock System and all process control networking equipment. Conducts alarm rationalization reviews and implement recommendations to improve process safety and control.
- Installs specialized troubleshooting equipment for diagnostics.
- Participates in and support cyclical Process Hazard Analysis [PHA’s]
- Conducts design reviews for improvement projects and MOC’s.
- Assists in maintaining electrical drawing systems by providing field red-line drawings when needed.
- Troubleshoots process control computer systems, including, but not limited to, Emerson Delta V DCS
- Troubleshoots temperature, level, and pressure control instruments and processors; troubleshoots AC or DC variable speed drives. Troubleshoots equipment to detect imperfections.
- Performs High Voltage switching for Substation PM and repair work.
- Checks and performs preventive maintenance on motor control center equipment; repairs or replaces motors as needed.
- Performs ISO quality calibration on gauges, temperature controllers, etc.
- Determines root cause of failure and correct to prevent reoccurrence
- Performs alignment and calibration of instruments and electrical circuits to ensure proper operation.
- 5+ years of chemical plant manufacturing/industrial I & E experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Power Distribution Systems
- Strong DCS knowledge and experience troubleshooting and repairing Allen Bradley Control Logic PLCs with Emerson DeltaV.
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and repair of AC / DC variable speed drives.
- Willing and able to work overtime, including holidays, weekends, and on short notice.
- Experience maintaining and repairing precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Certificate/Associate degree in Instrumentation Technology with electrical experience.
- A valid drivers’ license and good driving record.
- Required use of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as steel-toed shoes, hardhat, Nomex, protective eyewear, face shields, arc protective clothing, and SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus).
- Advanced knowledge and skill maintaining, repairing, calibrating, testing, inspecting, and troubleshooting continuous gas/hydrocarbon analyzers: o Specifically, Emerson IR and Continuous Analyzer Service for CO, CO2, Hydrocarbons (as CH4), and Hydrogen. o Emerson Gas Chromatograph startup, commissioning, maintenance and repair, troubleshooting, calibration and inspection, testing.
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading O&G company, please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.